Bon Cheri

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Rite of passage

January 16, 2009- Larry found a Porsche on Craig’s List a long time ago and has been checking back on it ever since. He and Ian finally got an appointment to test drive it. I met them there, because I am the right size to drive
the car and Ian doesn’t know how to drive a stick shift. It was a kick! Handles like a dream, the exhaust makes lots of “Hey I’m coming- look at me!” noise. It is rough on the inside, twenty-four years old, but the body is straight, it gets good gas mileage, the insurance company doesn’t consider it a sports car, and the price is right. They worked out the deal and Ian’s first car is a 1984, 944 Porsche.



"Ian, you just got your first car! What are you going to do?"
"Text my friends!"

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wow! Sweet ride! How fun. good luck learning the stick thing...I struggled, but now it's all we drive :)