New Year’s day was quiet. The Stake dance Ian went to was followed by breakfast, so he did not get home till after 1 AM. Dan was at his friend’s and Wa was out of town. Carole Moore invited the ward to a New Year’s Day brunch. I offered to bring something. My assignment was deviled eggs. Kira and I stayed up really late cooking 6-dozen eggs, peeling, slicing, mixing, stuffing and figuring out how to refrigerate and transport them. I am saying it now, publicly- Kira is a genius. She worked out a tiered system to put the filled eggs in our Igloo cooler. Then we put it outside where it was close to freezing, all outside was a huge icebox. Nice. Brunch was yummy. We went in two cars. I had a balloon delivery in town, the rest of the family came in dad’s car. I offered to stay and help clean up, Kira wanted to stay too, but there was no way to transport her and Kylee safely in the balloon van, so she went home with dad, Ian and G’ma.
I love having the boys home from school- a built in work force : wa-ha-ha-ha.
They do not think it is so great.
Kira and I got to spend lots of time together- it was glorious.
But all too soon, Kira had to bundle up her baby and go home. She was anxious to see her hubby and get back to her own home. We searched the house and collected all of her stuff. Pulled the remainder of her unfinished crib ensemble off the sewing machine. Packed it all in the car and drove her of to the airport. Let me tell you about our airport. It is small- really small.
We had only moved 3 feet before the loud speaker proclaimed that they were starting to board her flight. By the time she was taking off her shoes the final call was being made. Ever try to get a baby, car seat, carry-on bags and diaper bag all through security all by yourself? Now try to do it in a hurry.
This was also the day the boys had to go back to school. They tried to convince me that Monday was a holiday too. Right.
This was Lauren’s schedule; she would get up by 8AM to work for Stew. Finish around 2 PM, get all dolled up, leave to go see Dylan and get home by 12:30 AM. Dad, Ian and Daniel did not see her for four days. I had to reintroduce them.
Rick put an ad on Craig’s list to rent out Grandma’s house. Within a few hours, I had three appointments to show it. The first family was so excited! They loved the house and made the deal with Rick, signed the contract and started moving in the same day. You will all like them; it is a family of four- parents and a boy and girl. I invited them to participate in our 5k.
No comments:
Post a Comment