January 9, 2009- I was in the laundry room when I heard a panic in Lauren’s voice as she called “MOM!” She was staring at her computer, with a look of deep concern on her face. My first thought was Stew had sent her a boatload of more work. I was wrong, it was notification that there was an e-mail from BYU Idaho. She has been waiting to hear if she was accepted to go to school. She had already been turned down by BYU Provo. Her breathing was shallow and excited. I told her I’d hold her hand, she still was nervous. I suggested a prayer. She said the sweetest, most sincere prayer to accept the news (good or bad) from the school and asked for help in making the plans for the next few years of her life. Then she opened the e-mail and squealed with delight when she was accepted to BYU Idaho! Only then did she take a deep breath.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Lauren; Come on Down! or is that UP?
January 9, 2009- I was in the laundry room when I heard a panic in Lauren’s voice as she called “MOM!” She was staring at her computer, with a look of deep concern on her face. My first thought was Stew had sent her a boatload of more work. I was wrong, it was notification that there was an e-mail from BYU Idaho. She has been waiting to hear if she was accepted to go to school. She had already been turned down by BYU Provo. Her breathing was shallow and excited. I told her I’d hold her hand, she still was nervous. I suggested a prayer. She said the sweetest, most sincere prayer to accept the news (good or bad) from the school and asked for help in making the plans for the next few years of her life. Then she opened the e-mail and squealed with delight when she was accepted to BYU Idaho! Only then did she take a deep breath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations WaWa! I know you are now one very happy girl and I know I am super proud of you. Love ya.
Post a Comment