Erin has unleased a...a...a............something. I cannot give it a word. So many people have responded to her challenge to run and finish a 5K. There is still more family/people that might want to participate and haven't even heard the proposition. The thought that we as a family would even entertain the thought of a family gathering that focused on running is mind boggling. Good thing there is a wedding to distract us for a time. I spoke with my mom (G'ma Bunker) yesterday and told her about it, she is even considering getting in shape so she can take a run at it. (pun intended) She told me that Rick B. is working to get healther- he went to the Dr. and found out he has high blood pressure and cholesterol- he has already started on a better diet.
Speaking about diet- as I was talking with Erin about starting a diet with the training regime, she told me she doesn't 'do diets' it has the word 'die' in it and she stays far way from anything that has to do with 'die'.
We are still in holiday mode, we will start training when things get back to a regular schedule. Promise.
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow! I get goosebumps just imagining how great this is going to be. G'ma Bunker!?! Fantastic! Yippee!
PS I had to ask Mark what "Juggernaut" means. :)
After a full and complete reading, Lis and I are considering the challenge and are currently at 1.5 miles per day. All we have to do is double our distance and hope it will be enough. NO HILLS I HOPE!
Dad, I am so glad to hear you and Elissa are in too!! Erin and Sean proposed that we have the 5K run here, down on the bumpy road- NO HILLS- promise. We would start and finish at our driveway. It would all be on the dirt roads, away from traffic and the general public. I am in the conceptual stages of organizing a Memorial Day Picnic after. Then we can award the prizes!!!
Post a Comment