When I asked Diane if the motel we were going to stay in was nice, she said not really, but it was clean. We got there late, after 11 PM. When we checked in we got the key to our rooms and the remote to the TV.
As we were packing up the next morning, I saw two women mopping the sidewalks at the hotel. Yes, it was an older complex, but it was clean. They don’t mop the sidewalks in the USA.
The first place we went to was a charming restaurant.
When we pulled up there was a parking valet who greeted us with “We have been waiting for you!”
We had such a great breakfast, that we went back after our appointments. Eating there was worth the trip!!! I took a picture of the parking lot- look closely, the parking lines go all the way up the fence.
There is a picture of Poncho Villa on the bathroom door!
The first place we went to was a charming restaurant.
While I was at the endodontist, Nathan went to a periodontist, somewhere across the city. Everything went smoothly, but there was decay beneath the gum line which required some gum surgery. My dentist made arrangements for the periodontist to see me that afternoon, so when Nathan got back, we all drove across the city and I had gum surgery and something called a crown lengthening. I was still numb from the root canal. Nathan discovered that the procedures he was going to do would not work, he had to see another specialists. We drove to that doctor’s office and Nathan was able to have a consult with him. I already told you that we ate at the restaurant again. This time I could only have soup (awesome!)
I think I look pretty happy for just having a lot of dental work done!
because of the root canal and gum surgery. If you are wondering, the root canal came to $245 and the gum surgery was $180- worth the trip.Crossing the border back into America was an experience in it’s self. It can take hours to wait in line. For a mile there are beggars with the longest, sorriest faces and vendors hawking all sorts of food, clothing, ceramics, toys, etc. If you make eye contact you are a marked man. They will not leave you alone. We asked about a blanket and in a flash the car was surrounded with men holding up all the variations of that design you could think of. Crazy! As we were driving home, we considered the miracles we experienced that day. We were protected; I got the work I needed and not expected, the periodontist was available to see me on very short notice; the specialists Nathan dropped in to see told him he is not usually in the office, he is semi-retired, so he was very lucky to have caught him. You need to realize that this was a Saturday- how many dentists do you know that work on Saturday?
If you decide to make a trip like this, I suggest that you take an interpreter. It was so nice to have Nathan and Diane. They are a delightful coupl
1 comment:
You are very brave to go to Mexico. Especially TJ!!! When you grow up in San Diego you hear all the horror stories of TJ. I'm not sure I would be brave enough go there, let alone see a dentist in order to save some money. Call me a scaredy cat. But I have a friend who does it all the time & has not had any problems.
Mike & I use to go down to Rosarito Beach & Ensenada when we first dated. The food is great down there, but too many things can go wrong.
Luckily Mike knew a short cut to the border so we never waited more than 20 minutes to cross back into the USA. But I was always nervous while in Mexico.
Glad your experience turned out OK and that you got your teeth fixed.
Post a Comment