Thank you, thank you, thank you all for the many wonderful Birthday Wishes I got! I might be going deaf in my right ear from listening to the tremendous birthday songs that were left on my voice mail (Colleen, you know I am talking about you. :0)) I truly enjoyed my 19th birthday and all the love that I got.
On Saturday night I went over to Jessica Gorbahn's house for a "girls night" with her and Kaitlyn Ririe, but when I got there a whole bunch of people popped out and yelled, "SURPRISE!" And I sure was surprised! This is the second surprise birthday party that my friends have thrown for me but only the first one that I have actually attended. The last one they threw was on my 17th birthday but I was too tired after work to go down to a regular ol' party down in SLO. They called and tried to convince me to come down and even told me that there was cake and present for me, but I still turned them down. They told me the next day that it was actually a party for me and I felt really bad. And I told them that if they were ever kind enough to throw another one for me that they had to get Mom and Ian in on it so they would "make" me go. Well, that is exactly what they did! They were in Cahoots Jess and Kaitlyn the entire time and mom and Ian asked me very subtle questions all day Saturday to make sure that I was still planning on going to the "girls night". They were all very sneaky!
The party was really fun! We had dancing and games and cake and presents and then a lot of chatting! The party didn't really end until 1am and then all the guests that were not staying for the girls night had to leave. Then the three of us didn't really go to bed until 3am.
The Gorbahns made me a wonderful Birthday breakfast which was very yummy and then we all got ready for church. We all carpooled down to SLO for singles ward and chatted the whole way down. The meetings were really wonderful and I got to see a lot of fun people I even got to see and visit with Karrin Kerns! That was fun!
After church I went home to a house smelling like Turkey! Mom was busily making turkey potpie for my birthday dinner! She stayed up late the night before making the turkey and boning it. Dellia and Chris were over for dinner as well and we all helped Mom prepare dinner. As always, dinner around the dining room table was a lot of fun and we had great discussions ranging from cobbler to the Second Coming. (By the way, I am speaking in my ward this next Sunday on 'The Adversity of the World' and I don't really know what I want to speak about. DO any of you have any suggestions or cool quotes or stories you would like to share or suggest with me?) After dinner Mom brought out the peach cherry cobbler that she made and put some birthday candles in it and everyone present sang as poorly as they knew how. It sure was a mighty thing to hear. Wow, am I loved!
After dessert we played a game called Psychiatrist and we even got Dad to play!!! It was really funny watching everyone try to figure out how we were answering the questions that they asked. It was a great game! Chris and Dellia had to leave after the game and they wished me a very happy birthday. We then picked out a movie to watch together and we narrowed the selection down to Hitch and Thoroughly Modern Millie. The boys tipped the scale towards Hitch. :0) We all snuggled up with each other and watched the movie late into the night and when It was over I only had 36 minutes left of my birthday and I thought it would be wise to spend those last minutes sleeping. :0)
Overall I had a wonderful Birthday! Thank you all for all the love and happy birthday wishes! Wow, 19, I am getting old!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful birthday! Glad you made it to your surprise party. I wish we were there to celebrate with you. Happy Birthday again!
Hurray! I'm so very glad you had a wonderful birthday and that you made it to your surprise party. We love you WaWa!
With regards to your talk - "The Adversity of the World" - uh, did the person assigning your talk give any clarification?? The word that throws me off is "of." The words "in" or "from" make more sense to me, but regardless it sounds like a very interesting topic.
Post a Comment