Bon Cheri

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Conference & Christmas

Happy Conference!  Kira suggested we make the October General Conference our official "sibling gift exchange drawing weekend."  I think she's wise.  So, with Aubree's help I drew the names this morning.  After comparing the list with the last few years to make sure everyone has someone new, I'm ready to present this year's list:

Mark---> Ian
Erin ---> Andrew
Sean---> Lauren
Paula---> Katie
Stew---> Mark
Kira---> Colleen
Colleen---> Stew
Andrew---> Erin
Seth---> Paula
Katie---> Sean
Lauren---> Daniel
Ian---> Seth
Daniel---> Kira

Is everyone in favor of keeping the same $30 limit?  Please leave a comment with your thoughts and/or just to let me know that you got the memo.

Also, I'm excited to present our inaugural "Cousin Gift Exchange" list.  

Aubree ---> Elizabeth
Bryce ---> Tyson
Thane ---> Killian
Kylee ---> Aubree
Tyson ---> Anna
Killian ---> Thane
Elizabeth ---> Kylee
Anna ---> Bryce

We did not yet set a gift limit/suggestion for the cousins.  Opinions?

4 comments:

Katie and Seth said...

THANK YOU BLUE!! I think the the $30 limit for the siblings is still a good amount. I was thinking that it would be fun to do home made gifts for the cousins... Maybe for this year and we can see how it goes. What does everyone think? Or we can set a $ limit. I am game either way and I know that those with more children will have to make a couple of things... So if the is too much i am up for just buying gifts... : ) Love you all and ENJOY Confrence

Erin said...

Hey Katie-ate -
Colleen wasn't a big fan of doing the homemade gifts, and Kira suggested we keep it open... if you want to do homemade gifts, great! If not, no worries. I like the idea of homemade gifts, but we won't be getting all our "stuff" out of storage until the week before Christmas, so I'm not sure what I'd be able to do. Maybe next year...
Any $$ limit ideas or we can just say, "be reasonable?"

Paula Graff said...

Are these presents to be sent to the recipients at their houses or are the presents to be taken to the Christmas gathering in Lake Tahoe?

The Popes said...

I agree with Erin about making it open for homemade or store bought. I say we put the $ limit for the cousins at $25 (or homemade equivalent). As for Paula's question about to ship or bring to Tahoe. I say if you can bring the gifts to tahoe but if it will cost you more money to fly with them. Just have them shipped! We could always ship them to mom or us (who are driving) and have them bring them to tahoe. Just a thought.

I like the $30 for the siblings. Thanks Blue for doing the drawing of names every year! Oh, and I really like the idea of drawing at conference time every year. The person who thought of that must be a genius! :-P