Bon Cheri

Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Keske's



They say a picture is worth a thousand words. This will be a bit of a photo blog to catch everyone up on the happenings of the Keske home. This picture was taken this morning before church. Elizabeth is 9 weeks old today (two months)! She is wonderful. We love her more than we could ever have imagined. She had her two month doctors appointment on Friday and her stats were: weight-9.8 pound, 50th percentile (I still can't believe some babies come out bigger than that!) length- 22 inches 25th percentile. She is growing fast! Most people still think she looks little but she is seeming bigger every day to me.



This is how Andrew likes to play with Elizabeth. He enjoys seeing how many funny faces he can make her have.
I started a working two weeks ago. I am working at an Elementary school as their Speech & Language Pathologist. I only work part time and Andrew is able to take Elizabeth with him to work. It has been really really hard for me to leave her but wonderful that she can be with her dad so much. Andrew is great at helping her and just being a great dad.


Here is how we like to eat dinner. Andrew holding Elizabeth with one hand while getting as much food into his mouth as possible before she starts crying again. We love it!



We enjoy hanging out with Kira, Stew and Kylee as much as possible. Kylee is pretty good with a new baby and I am sure she will be great big sister soon. Elizabeth likes her favorite cousin (favorite mostly because it is the only one she has met!)

We blessed Elizabeth in our old ward on Aug 1st. We had all the Keske's there as well as the Pope's and some of Andrew's co-workers. Andrew did a great job giving the blessing. He was pretty emotional and started crying just after he said her name. For those who don't know her full name is Elizabeth Clara Keske. We had a lunch party for her right after church and were so glad that everyone could come!



If you come over too early in the morning to might find this.
Or later in the after noon you might find this. Andrew thinks it is funny when his girls fall asleep together. What can I say? We like to sleep. Everyone told me to "sleep when the baby sleeps". I am just following their advice.





I thought Elizabeth looked really cute two Sundays ago so I thought I would share some of her lovely pictures.









Andrew is a wonderful father and husband. When he comes home from work he always wants to hold his little girl. Elizabeth and I like to sing "I'm so glad when daddy comes home." to him.



This is one of my favorite outfits for Elizabeth. She is getting too big for it. I think this was the last time she could wear it. I had to document the cute outfit. Babies just grow too quickly to really enjoy all the clothes.




Andrew and I celebrated out two year anniversary on Aug 22nd! To honor the day we made this cake. We decorated it by putting on all of our best moments. We had a onsie for Elizabeth, a bike for our rides, a shoe for our walks, a graduation cap for my graduating, a stick figure family of 3, a sun because I love the sun, and our initials. We had a fun relaxing weekend.



Andrew found a really big chair at the furniture store. He said he felt like he was in the land of the giants!



Yesterday Andrew hiked to the top of Mount Olympus. It is here in the Salt Lake Valley. His goal is to summit one mountain a summer (which he has done for the 3rd summer in a row now). His next goal is to get me to go with him. We are still in debate as to whether or not that goal will ever be accomplished. He does love to hike and I am proud of him for making it to the top again.
All in all everything is going great at the Keske's home. Andrew starts his last semester of school tomorrow. He will somehow work 40 hours, take 14 credits, commute, get great grades and watch Elizabeth for the 20 hours I am working a week. We just call him Superman.

3 comments:

Your Momma Somma said...

Loved the update. Elizabeth is sooooo cute! Glad to hear everything is going well. Work, school and family are a lot to juggle. These are exciting times, enjoy every hiccup, pit stop and speed bump as they come along. It is all part of the journey, and such a fun journey! Starting a family is wonderful. Happy Anniversary! Two short years ago we were sweltering in the St. George heat celebrating your wedding. Look how much has changed. Loved the cake! Kiss that sweet baby for me and whisper that her Grandma loves her.

Erin said...

Love it! Thanks for posting all those pictures and stories. When will you be starting up your own blog so you can post lost of similar pictures and stories? Elizabeth will love having a record of this time in her life.
Or... are you trying to keep expectations low so that when #4 comes along it won't be too hard to do the same for him/her?????

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I remember seeing photos of when Colleen & Andrew got married. Can't believe it has been 2 years. And now they have a beautiful baby girl. Enjoy your precious little one. She will grow up so fast. Take care & thanks for updating. I love seeing how my cousin Marti's family is growing.