Bon Cheri

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

One White Dress

We are looking forward to seeing family again this weekend. Kira and Stewart are bringing little Kylee Elisse to California to have her blessed. I am working on a blessing dress for her. It is from an old pattern that I got from my mom. I think she got it for Emily when she was born. (1966)It is slowly coming together. Part of the charm of this pattern is the embroidery work. I haven’t done embroidery in years. It is quite fun and rewarding. This dress has 16 yards of lace!! Getting the lace is a story all by it’s self. I went to all of the stores in the county looking for lace; none, zilch, nada. I ended up buying it online. I had to buy a roll of 300 yards to get what I wanted! I figured that with all the granddaughters I have, it will be used. I am excited to give it to Kylee and see her in it.

2 comments:

Katie and Seth said...

Beautiful dress mom!!! You are amazing!!! I love you up to the sky! can't wait to see you this weekend!

Amanda said...

Since we can't be there, please post a photo of Kylee in it. I'll bet it's beautiful!