Bon Cheri

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Blessing Kylee



Dear little family,

It was another busy week around here. I made the mistake of telling Grandma that we were going to go down to Brea for Kylee’s blessing two weeks early. She has been worrying about it ever since. Everything from “Are you sure you want me to go?” “I think it is too far for me to travel.” “What shall I take?” “I don’t have a suitcase!” “Where will I stay?” “I don’t think we should impose on anyone.” “Are you sure I was invited?” over and over again. Next time, she will only have a two-day notice.

I spent most of my week finishing the blessing dress. My goal was not to do any sewing on Saturday- well I only had the bib to finish and that only took about an hour. Which was plenty of time, for we waited and waited for everything to be done for Grandma to get ready to go. When we finally got out the door, the trip seemed especially long.

Lauren took the train home on Thursday. She just wanted to come home for a couple of days. We had a mother/daughter night when she got home. Jessica arranged for a girl’s night at Lorilee Kerr’s house. Jessica had her mom, Lorilee had her daughter-in-law, Lisa, Lauren and I finished the group. We ate junk, talked and watched a chick flick.

Grandma Joni asked if we would stop by and pick her up. She wanted to come but did not want to drive by her self. No problem, then Kira called to say that she and Stewart were going to stop by and see her, they offered to give her a ride. That speeded up our journey some.

The best thing about them picking up G’ma Bunker was that we needed to stop by Stew’s parent’s house to pick her up. She was going to have dinner with us at Katie and Seth’s and stay with Lauren. That gave me the opportunity to get the blessing dress to Kylee before church. Lauren thought it would be sad to have Kira waiting outside the church, Sunday morning, with a naked baby waiting for us to arrive! Here is a video of Kira opening the present.

Katie had a delicious dinner waiting for us when we arrived. We got to unwind and play games before bed. The Harp’s made room for all of us in their new apartment.


There was a crowd of people at church for Kylee’s blessing. Dad commented that it was tight when all of the brethren got in a circle to bless the baby. Great-Grandpa Bunker and G-G Elissa also came down. They are so great to make the effort to be at all of the special events for our family. We took lots of pictures.



The Popes had a yummy lunch for us, we got to play with the baby and chat- a lot. It was great. The only thing that would have made it any better is if the Winters, Graffs and Keskes were there too. Missed you guys.

The drive home was just fine. My Dad and Elissa offered to take my mom home; that allowed us to take Hwy 5 home. As soon as we got home, we had the boys quickly unpack the car and go back into town and pick up the dogs. They had an over-nighter at Patty Stewart’s house. Since they have moved from their apartment to a house there is no problem with landlords about having dogs around. Lucy and Ra had a great time. So did Patty and Russ.

2 comments:

Katie and Seth said...

This is a cute post!!! You did a great job putting the busy weekend into a blog! I agree that it was a fun weekend but it would have been even better if we had the Winters, Graffs and the Keskes there!!!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Beautiful dress!!! Beautiful baby!!! Beautiful family!!!

I just found your family blog. I will keep following it. You need to participate on the Manning Family Tree blog as well. At least check us out once in awhile.

Go to www.manningfamilytree.blogspot.com.

Your cousin Kim