Bon Cheri

Sunday, May 16, 2010

"Most Likely to be Prego in Cap and Gown"

During the first semester of my graduate program we had a BBQ. One of my cohorts made awards for each of us. I was given the reward of "Most Likely to be Prego in Cap and Gown" it had a subscript of, "Just convince the husband and you'll be golden!" That little award has been on our fridge for over a year and half and now it has come to pass!

I graduated on May 6th 2010 with my Masters of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders (Speech and Language Pathology). I am finally done with school! Now I can have a baby and just play with her all of the time, at least for the summer. I will have to get a part time job and work for about 2 years to get my certification. I am hoping to get hired on with a school district here in Midvale or possibly a voice clinic in Salt Lake.

Here are some more pictures from my graduation.

This is the award that I was talking about and my friend Kristi (the one who gave me my award)

Andrew and me. I have to say there is no way that I would have finished my graduate program without his encouragement, forcing and continued love. Most days I would not have gotten out of bed without him pushing me. A thousand thanks to my wonderful husband!

Thanks also to the Keske's and Popes for coming out to support me. Even mom and dad watched the graduation via the internet. I know graduations are boring but thanks for coming.

The day after my graduation, Andrew thew a graduation party for me. He made me this beautiful cake (it had two full cakes that he layered inside) and a light dinner. We invited over friends from our ward and family. We had a really great time visiting with everyone and celebrating the end of my school career! (I am never going back!)

This is the last pregnancy picture that we took at 30 and a half weeks. I am now almost 33! She is still growing and we are excited for her to come. Only a few more weeks!

1 comment:

Paula Graff said...

Congrats on your graduation Colleen! Please tell Andrew that cake looks delicious! Killian loves strawberries so I might just have to steal his idea.