It has been over two months since I first presented the challenge to train and complete a 5K and the response has been nothing short of miraculous! Tomorrow, March 2, marks the beginning of the official countdown to our Fun Run - only 12 weeks left. I say "official" for two reasons, first, because if (in true Graff style) you haven't started your training yet, NOW is the time to start. Second because, effective immediately, entry forms are being accepted. To register for the race, please do the following as soon as possible (so I can get the t-shirts ordered):
1. Send a letter to me including this information -
- Your Name
- Your preferred t-shirt size (adult S, M, L, XL, etc)
- Your contact information
2. Enclose your $10 entrance fee
1. Send a letter to me including this information -
- Your Name
- Your preferred t-shirt size (adult S, M, L, XL, etc)
- Your contact information
2. Enclose your $10 entrance fee
Colleen - I know what you're thinking - "Running is bad enough! Now I have to PAY!?" The $10 entrance fee is primarily designed to cover the cost of the t-shirts. Any leftover money will go towards prizes or snacks for race day. Stew has graciously agreed to sponsor our race (go Universal Aerosupport!) which allows us to have a low entrance "fee" and still provide great prizes. I will be opening a special account for all race-related money and will be totally transparent with all funds. As I receive entrance forms and fees I will send the names of those "registered" to Mom so she can post them on this blog on the sidebar (uh - if that's okay with you, Mom). I'll keep track of all costs for goods and account for the money accordingly.
Details aside, now is the time to do whatever you need to do individually to get motivated, enthused, and prepared for this event. Let "us" (your collective support group) know how you're doing with your training - the good, the bad, and the ugly. I spoke with Katie today and she told me she ran over 5 1/2 miles yesterday!! Way to go, Katie! I've also heard that Dad (Larry) has started his training within the last week. Kudos! I know this is going to be an amazing activity. Keep on keeping on!
PS Please pass on the registration information to anyone who may not check this blog.
Race day: May 25th, Memorial Day, 8 am, @ the Graff Ranch
3 comments:
I was wondering how we were doing with the training and if it's still on :) Rob and I aren't being very diligent with the running part of our training, but we'll be stepping it up soon. We're bringing our A game :) Good luck with the training everyone!
Is there a specific day you would like all registration to be sent to you by?
I think it would be best to have the registrations by April 1st, but we can set a stricter deadline of April 15th (of course, anyone who wants to enter after that time is welcome, I just can't guarantee a shirt).
Does that sound reasonable?
Post a Comment