Bon Cheri

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Spider Season


I know it is autumn when I see tarantulas walking across the road. It is as predictable of the changing seasons as the starting of school for the kids. The other day, Daniel called for me to come outside to see a rare sight. A tarantula wasp was dragging her prey back to her lair so she could start the next generation of wasps. (As Erin would say “waspspspsps’) This wasp is huge, with bright orange wings. The spider is not small either! Here is a video that Ian took and narrated about this event.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hey Ian, we think you've found your career - you would be a great narrator for National Geographic! Seriously, your voice sounds very professional.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Cool video. When my son Brandon was a young boy he loved insects. We once lived out in the boonies where we had tarantulas & tarantula wasps. They are pretty cool. Brandon used to have 3 pet tarantulas when we lived in El Cajon. I remember having to check on them once while watching Arachnophobia. I wanted to make sure they hadn't escaped from their tank. I had nightmares about them for weeks afterwards.

Kim (Marti's cuz)