Hello my wonderful family!
I have spent the last little while reading and looking at all of the family blogs and I thought that I would join in the fun. And since I am really bad at remembering to call people to tell them what is going on here in Fullerton I decided that I would just let you all know at one time.
School is going wonderfully! I really like all my classes and to put a cherry on top of that I don't really get any homework! Perfection! I am taking American Studies: Introduction to Pop Culture, Geology 101, Geology 101 Lab, Intro to Sociology, and a Career Exploration and Life Planning class. I really like my career class. We do a lot of journal writing and I enjoy the different exercises and discussions we have. (No, I still don't know what I really want to do yet.) I am making friends in most of my classes with is a rare treat for me and I am really enjoying it.
I have decided to apply to BYU Provo and BYU Idaho to see if I can transfer there next fall. I talked about this with Erin and Mom and Dad and decided that I would enjoy going there more that Fullerton. I think that I will find the college experience that I really want there. I am trying to pull everything together to work on the applications but some things seems to be over my head. :0) I will figure it out eventually though.
One of the reasons that I was so anxious to move away was my roommate situation here in Fullerton. My roommate Jackie is sometimes very difficult to live with and is not really living with the spirit at the present time. So the lack of the Spirit in the home is not very pleasant to live with. I have been down here about a month now and I have found that I can still carry the spirit with me when I am doing my own thing but when I do activities with her that spirit tends to fade a little bit. If i could I would start the Winter Session at BYU but I can't get the applications done that quickly. :0) I think that everything will be ok though. My other roommate Kayla is wonderful! She balances thing out in our apartment well. She is 18, only a few months younger than me, and she has a wonderful testimony. We get along really well and have really funny text message conversations when we are sitting right next to each other.
Work is going wonderfully as well. I got to go up to Utah on a "business trip" to do some paper work for Stew. I got there and worked on the project a little bit while he was at work but it was a lot confusing so i waited till he got home for his lunch hour so he could show me how to do the work he wanted done. After that it wasn't so hard and I enjoyed the work. The rest of the time I was in Utah I spent visiting with Kira and Kylee and got to see everyone at the family dinner and also got to go to church my friend Mariah who just moved up to Provo. It was a great weekend and I was sad to go back to Fullerton and school. But hopefully I will be up there soon.
Nothing really exciting has happened down here with me. I have been reading a lot. I read the whole series of Twilight and loved it! (Thank you Erin for the recommendation.) I have also been writing letters to my friends away at school and my friends on missions. I am trying to be a good pen pal but I think I am going to get carpultunnle. (I have no idea how to spell that!) I think my favorite part about writing letters is getting to decorate the envelopes. Those of you who have seen the letters that I have written to my friend Elder Allred will know how intricately I decorate these letters. I really enjoy making them pretty. I think when people get these letters they see the awesome designs and know that I put a lot of time and effort into them and that makes them feel special and loved. And that is what I am going for so it works out well.
I think that is everything that has been going on since I have been down in Fullerton. I love you all up to the sky, past Heavenly Father's house, to China's house and back to my heart.
WaWa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lauren Lee - What a great blog! It's so nice to hear all about what you're doing. Hurray about applying to the BYUs; they'd be fools not to accept you!
Post a Comment